There are several issues affecting people’s lives that sometimes require the input of an attorney. While finding a lawyer who specifically fits your requirements is tough, New Yorkers now have a convenient platform through which they find lawyers. The New York State Bar Association launched an online portal through which one gets legal representation. The platform is operational 24 hours a day. Through this online portal, lawyers can scale delivery of legal services to people at low costs.
The process of acquiring legal representation through the portal is described as follows;
- Individuals in need of legal representation visit the website. They fill out a questionnaire detailing their issues and details of their location.
- The survey gets reviewed. Then, the client gets matched with the right lawyer in his/her location
- In case the client lives in one of the 17 counties with local lawyer referral service, the request gets forwarded to the County bar association.
- Referrals get made at zero charges. However, for the first 30 minutes consultation, the client incurs a fee of $ 35. Exceptions made include in the case of personal injury, social security, veteran and military law.
- After the first visit, the client may choose to retain or change the lawyer. If he/she retains the attorney, fees get determined on lawyer-client agreements.
In the case of compensations, Jeremy L Goldstein comes in handy. He is a managing partner at Jeremy L. Goldstein & Associates LLC. It’s a boutique law firm that specializes in advising compensation committees, executive officers, corporations, and managing teams in matters relating to corporate governance and senior managers bonuses. Before venturing in his practice, Jeremy L Goldstein worked at Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz law firm as a partner.
Mr. Jeremy L Goldstein has participated in several corporate transactions in the last ten years. Some of his significant accomplishments include leading as legal counsel in the acquisition of Goodrich by United Technologies, The Dow Chemical Company, serving the Bank of America Corporation among many others. Besides his career, he is a philanthropist. Jeremy L Goldstein contributes both time and resources to the Fountain House, a foundation dedicated to the recovery of people who have mental illnesses.
Follow Jeremy Goldstein on Facebook.